Welcome to The Baseline, the Palestine Herald-Press sports blog. Here, you'll find breaking news updates, live game updates, thoughts and musings on sports, both local and national, and more.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Let's try this again

About this time last year, I made these bold proclamations about how the blog was back and it was my New Year's resolution to keep it going, etc. Obviously, that lasted about four months.

Well, here we go again. The blog is back, and it's my goal to keep it as active as possible moving forward.

Here's the thing: I struggled last year with what this blog should be. Should it be strictly local? Should I use it for both local tidbits as well as my thoughts on state and national sports stories? I could never quite get past that issue, so the impasse began.

But, I think I've solved it, and the answer is yes. Yes to both. I'll try and keep it as local as possible here, but with the emphasis on local growing even stronger on the sports page(s) in the paper (more on that later), there may not be quite as much content to go here, locally speaking.

So, we'll dive into area, state and national sports stories as well. I'll tell you my feelings on things like the Rangers, the Cowboys, etc., while also tackling some arguments made by others (a la what we did with some Yahoo! stories, etc., in the past).

Mostly though, I want this blog to reflect both myself and the readers I serve. So, if there's something in particular you want me to tackle, let me know in the comments. It's a two-way street after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment